Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Machine Environment / MAC address

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
info
694 Views, 2 Replies

Virtual Machine Environment / MAC address

We are having a problem in the Autodesk License. Our software and license are installed on a virtual machine server; upon restarting the server, the HOSTID ( Mac Address ) of the VM has changed. The license file cannot be found by the clients anymore.

Kindly advise if there is a special license for VM servers since the HOST ID (Mac Address) may change every time we restart the server.

Attaced new Host ID

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rkmcswain
in reply to: info

No, according to this KB article:  http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Is-there-a-way-to-make-a-...

If you find something that works, let us know.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: info

RK is right.  The NLM is dependent on the MAC address.  Using a VM Server has this side-effect.  My recommendation has been to go into the settings of the virtual machine and actually hard-code the MAC address so that it does not change at random.  This will ensure that your license file does not become unusable.  This is what I do.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report