Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Hosting of FlexLM / LMTOOLS

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
skatterbrainz
6390 Views, 4 Replies

Virtual Hosting of FlexLM / LMTOOLS

I see in the documentation for Map 3D 2013 that the only "Virtual Machine Support" shown is for "VMware ESX 3.5" on "Intel PC 64".  Does this mean Autodesk does NOT support Microsoft Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008 R2 ?  Just making sure before we build a new license server for our environment.  The virtualization platform at this client is Hyper-V only.

-------------------------
Get the Visual LISP Developer's Bible 2011 Edition, and the AutoCAD Network Administrator's Bible 2012 Edition on Amazon Kindle
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: skatterbrainz

The NLM will run fine on a virtual machine.  Just make sure you hard code the MAC address as virtual machines have a tendency to change for no good reason, thus invalidating your license file. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
skatterbrainz
in reply to: TravisNave

I figured as much.  I don't doubt it would run reliably, but I have to verify if it is officially "supported" by Autodesk.  The customer I am working for insists it is vendor supported.

Get the Visual LISP Developer's Bible 2011 Edition, and the AutoCAD Network Administrator's Bible 2012 Edition on Amazon Kindle
Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: skatterbrainz

It is officially supported by Flexera, the publisher of the license manager.  Autodesk simply licenses the technology, along with many other 3rd party vendors. 

Check out Chapter 15 of the user guide:

http://www.globes.com/support/utilities/fnp_LicAdmin_11_10_1.pdf

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
skatterbrainz
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you!  I appreciate the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report