Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCOMP110.DLL Missing From System; Can't Start AutoCAD

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
iansan5653
9972 Views, 8 Replies

VCOMP110.DLL Missing From System; Can't Start AutoCAD

I just installed AutoCAD for the first time, and it had an error in the middle of installation. When I tried to run it, I got this message immediately:

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling AutoCAD alone, which didn't work (got the same message). Then I tried uninstalling everything from Autodesk as well as all C++ redistributables and reinstalling, and I still got the same error even though the entire installation was supposedly succesful.

Finally, thinking it was a C++ problem, I uninstalled all of the C++ redistributables and reinstalled them from the MS website (C++ 2010 x86 and 2008 x64 and x86).

I am running 64-bit Windows 8.1 Update. I chose to install the 64-bit version of AutoCAD. I am using a free student license, although I haven't had the chance to enter a license code yet.

In case it helps, here is my DxDiag output: http://pastebin.com/EE2fRgjh.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: iansan5653

Which version of AutoCAD?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
TravisNave

Here's the file from my 8.1 system.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 9
iansan5653
in reply to: TravisNave

I'm using 2015 64-bit. Where does the file go?

Message 5 of 9
iansan5653

Never mind. I downloaded and installed C++ again from this link: http://pcsupport.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=pcsupport&cdn=compute&tm=25&f=11&su=p284.13.34... and it magically seemed to work (third time's a charm, I guess.

Message 6 of 9
TravisNave

Wow64 folder. I can get you the 64-bit file too.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 9
rafahdzs
in reply to: TravisNave

where does the file goes? i have the same problem

Message 8 of 9
ianmurray1962

no link exists
Message 9 of 9
pcorona
in reply to: ianmurray1962

I'm having the same issue, autocad Viewer 2015 with windows 7. 

what can I do?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report