Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA Enabler 2014 GPO deployment

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
justforthispost
3779 Views, 8 Replies

VBA Enabler 2014 GPO deployment

Hi,

We have deployed Autcad 2014 through Group Policy's.  All works very well without any issues. However we need to deploy the VBA Enabler aswell.

We have the 2012 VBA Enabler working through Group Policy's. Here we have put the vba6.msi from the *VBA Enabler download folder*\3drParty\VBA folder and the AcVbaInstaller.msi *VBA Enabler download folder*\x86\AcVbaInstaller folder in a Policy.

I did the same with the 2014 VBA Enabler download (ofcourse with the Vba71.msi) but when I start Autocad 2014 it says the VBA Enabler is not installed when I want to run the VBA editor.

Any ideas what I am missing here?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

A little bump after the weekend. Anyone?

Message 3 of 9

Anyone?

Message 4 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: justforthispost

You might try over in the Install forum.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 9
justforthispost
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks for moving.

Is there anyone else who can help?

Message 6 of 9

Guess I have figured out what goes wrong. When you install the VBA Enabler MSI silently it doesn't check if Acad 2014 is installed. So it always installs the Enabler but the Enabler should be installed after Acad 2014 has been installed. If I just double click the MSI I'll get a message that Acad 2014 hasn't been installed and the installation cannot continue.

Anyone knows how to modify the msi so it also check for Acad 2014 when installed silently?

Message 7 of 9

I've managed to fix this issue.

As said there is a product check in the msi when you run it manually. This check is not present when you run a silent installation. I've created a mst wich adds this check to the InstallExecuteSequence and writes an entry in the event log when it finds that Autocad 2014 isn't installed.

Message 8 of 9

Can you post the steps to the MST modification here please?

Ron Allen
Ware Malcomb Bim
Message 9 of 9

Hi

I'm actually facing the same issue.

Could you tell us more about your fix ?

Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report