Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault deployment wizard - hotfixes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hans.martin.haga
360 Views, 2 Replies

Vault deployment wizard - hotfixes

Autodesk, can you please improve the Deployment Wizard?

As hotfixes are required to use Inventor and Vault, hotfixes also need to be applied during the installation. If you ask the users to do it manually, it is 99% certain that the hotfixes will not be installed. And then they start calling support...

When the deployment wizard is run, it connects to Autodesk and searches for... service packs! As there is no service pack for Vault 2013, the option to install any service pack/hotfix is greyed out.

I have, however, found that I can add hotfixes by changing the DNS-settings to e.g. 10.0.0.1, so that the wizard can't connect with Autodesk's servers Smiley Tongue

Next issue: Can we please have the internal name of the MSP-files corrected?

"Installing Vault Collaboration 2012 sample hotfix" doesn't look good...

Install hotfixes with deployment wizard

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
karthur1
in reply to: hans.martin.haga

I came across the same issue and reported it about a month ago.  The response I got from AD is:

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are currently investigating this issue.

I was able to replicate the issue you reported using the Product Design Suite Installer just as you described.

The same thing happened using the Electrical installer it showed the product was up-to-date just like the above.

You used the Electrical DVDs so there might be a difference there.

I will keep you updated on the findings."

Hans... I like your work around.  I will try that the next time I need to modify the deployment.

Message 3 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: hans.martin.haga

If you want to see this to be added you are better off using the following link to post these comments. At this time only service packs can be added to deployments. The hotfix architecture does not have that capability.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Don

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report