Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault client installer?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
chipwitch
490 Views, 5 Replies

Vault client installer?

Hello,

I'm on my 3rd day trying to get my Product Design Suite Ultimate upgraded from 2013 to 2015.  Where is the installer for Vault client? 

I downloaded the installer for the Suite from the subscription center.  I finally managed to get Vault (server) setup.  According to the installation instructions, it's recommended that the server be installed on a similarly configured machine to test migration of old files.  I use Vault Basic on a "home license," meaning I have a home network and one computer (my desktop pc) is designated as the server.  My laptop is the client.  In order to do the test migration, I had to install the only other "similarly configured" computer I have, my laptop, essentially swapping the designation of each computer (temporarily). 

So, I also managed to get Inventor 2015 installed, but I don't see the Vault add-in tab on the ribbon.  I also don't see Vault 2015 on the Windows start menu, though the 2013 version is still there.  I've tried restarting the Suite setup.exe but it only shows Vault Basic (server).  I see no client option.

In case it matters, I'm running Windows 7-64 on both machines.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: chipwitch

you can go here:

You can access most current + previous supported version Browser Download links (including the Design & Creation Suites) through Matt, Autodesks Virtual Assistant. http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...
>download links> Vault Products
Please accept as a solution if this fully resolves the issue

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
chipwitch
in reply to: DarrenP

Darren, pardon me for being susupicious, but I'm not familiar with that domain.  How can I know it's legit?  A google of "creativevirtual15" doesn't return any hits from sites I'm familiar with either. 

Thanks

<edit> Disregard... I just found a link to that domain from Autodesk.com... good enough for me 🙂

Cheers

Message 4 of 6
chipwitch

Darren, thanks... that did it.  Downloading now.  I expected the client to be packaged with all the other Product Design Suite software. 

Message 5 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: chipwitch

vault basic should have been bundled with the product design suite i can't explain why it didn't come with yours

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
chipwitch

Server was... Client wasn't... rather, it wasn't where I could find it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report