Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAULT 2014 AND INVENTOR 2012

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
rchnorton
939 Views, 9 Replies

VAULT 2014 AND INVENTOR 2012

Hi all, first post so please be gentle.

I've been tasked with installng and configuring Vault for use with Inventor at first. Now I've done some reading and remain confused but I'm hoping that will change soon.

We have access to Vault 2014 Pro and all of the previous releases and the project will be modelled using Inventor 2012.  My first question is are the two compatible or will I need to install Vault 2012?

heading back to my reading and research now....

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: rchnorton

No need to change to Vault 2012. Inventor 2012 would be able to connect to Vault 2014

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 10
rchnorton
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Thanks for the quick reply Vault 2014 it is then! Heading to search for an installation guide now.
Message 4 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan

I would stongly recommend that you get your closet VAR to do the implementation for you as they have to customize and set it up according to your needs. They will also test to make sure everything works and transfer your data for you.

And here is the getting started guide as well: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/getting-started#?rows=10&sort=score

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 10
rchnorton

sadly our contract is directly with Autodesk not a VAR, and the relationship is sensitive at best at present so that's not an option I have.

Thanks for the getting started guide and any info, tips or tricks are very gratefully received as I'm entirely on my own with his one.
Message 6 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan

Glad I could help a little bit. Good luck with this

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 10
rchnorton

Last question for you. Is SQL included as part of ADMS/File Server install or is that a separate requirement? Also SQL 2008 or 2012?

Done now 🙂
Message 8 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan

Yes, SQL is included but it is the express version 2008. When you the ADMS it will automatically install SQL express for you. 

Jo - Ann
Message 9 of 10
rchnorton

Fantastic, we have progress. I have Vault installed, EDMS working, Client working, not I need to get some files in there and configure the applications. Very much appreciate the help Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan

Glad it is working now and I could be of help. 

Jo - Ann

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report