Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault 2013 SQL 2008 Express 2008 SP2 backup & restore on 2014 VB

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ngueorguieva
379 Views, 3 Replies

Vault 2013 SQL 2008 Express 2008 SP2 backup & restore on 2014 VB

I have SQL Server 2008 express(sp2) with vault 2013 Basic  on Windows XP x64, single user

The 2014 software will be installed on new computer with Windows 7 x64, single user

By the books ”Autodesk Vault 2014 installs Microsoft SQL 2008 Express SP2.

The minimum requirement for Autodesk Vault 2014 is Microsoft SQL 2008 Express service pack 3.

Service pack 3 for SQL 2008 must be applied before installing Autodesk Vault 2014. “

If I have a Vault 2013 backup on SQL Server 2008 Express SP2 can that be restored on new 2014 basic server installation or on SQL Server 2008 Express SP2(MAYBE Vault 2014 can not be installed on SP2??), or I will need to upgrade to SP3 on both computers and then to make the backup on old and restore on new?

Nina

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: ngueorguieva

You might consider asking the Vault community:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/bd-p/101

In any case, I generally always recommend that backing up and restoring a SQL database be done on the same service pack level. So if you have to go to SP3 anyway, do it first then back it up and restore to another SP3.  Unless somebody else like DarrenP wishes to add his 2 cents, I'd play it safe and also ask this in the Vault forum.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

before trying anything

set up a test enviroment to test backup and restore of your vault data

i don't see why your scenrio wouldn't work but always test this scenerio before actually doing it on your production computer

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
ngueorguieva
in reply to: DarrenP

Thank you Travis, DarrenP,

If Vault Basic 2014 installs SQL 2008 Express SP2 and can be installed on SP2 will just make a backup and restore it.

If Vault Server 2014 requires SP3 I will  need to upgrade both.

Nina

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report