Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valid License not be obtained (0.0.0) check out failed error 20 3ds Max

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dtobitt
1752 Views, 6 Replies

Valid License not be obtained (0.0.0) check out failed error 20 3ds Max

Would be grateful if anyone could help, I haven't managed to find a solution that works in my case yet. Trying to install 3ds Max 2012.   Is there a simple answer that I've missed as to why I can't load the program. The LMTools program was installed straight on the server. I used the Host Name and the Physical Address for the the Host ID to get the license file from Autodesk as per the instructions and put it on the c:\ of the server .  All computers can ping each other.  Server is Small Business Server 2008, client computers are XP and Windows 7.  Any help much appreciated. Diagnostic files attached from LMTools and Host ID (the times are an hour out on here too) Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: dtobitt

its most likely a IPV6 issue try using this license manager: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10976858&linkID=13140816

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
dtobitt
in reply to: DarrenP

No sorry that doesn't work, any other ideas?

Message 4 of 7
dtobitt

Its ok it's sorted, the licence was for an upgraded version rather than the one I requested. 

Message 5 of 7
john

Having the same issue. We have several licenses of 3DSmax, 3DSmax ECSP, and one license of Maya ECSP. On my system, 3DSmax 2012 is the only program that fails to obtain a license....the remaining suite of products (mudbox, XSI, motionbuilder) all open fine.

I have tried renaming the Cascadeinfo.cas file, and restarting 3DSmax, but I am still throwing the same error. Our license manager is running fine, and our .lic files are up to date with our subscription products. Assistance please.

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: john

John, what is the error that you receive?  Also, is there anything listed in the debug.log file as to why the license is being denied?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
mohan_s
in reply to: TravisNave

Facing the same error. Kindly check out the installation log files.

Best Regards,
Mohan Suryawanshi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report