Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUID? About the license server on Xenserver

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
gaofengsjtucs
370 Views, 0 Replies

UUID? About the license server on Xenserver

Dear Sir,

I have told that a AutoCAD License for citrix is essential when install the AutoCAD2014 on Xenserver, then when I installed autocad2014 using the lic for citrix send by agent of Autodesk, I found that it didn't work on virtual machine, there are my steps:

1)install the LMTOOLs on a physical computer using the lic for citrix,then start the service;

2)install the autocad2014 on a virtual computer (windows 2008R2, Citrix Xenserver). I used the SN and key send by agent,and the install package is downloaded from Autodesk (autocad2014,30 days trial),but the box of key is occured a red cross when  I finished the key inputting, so the install processing has to interrupted.

3)I installed the  same autocad2014 package on a physical computer(OS:windows 7), and found it worked smoothly;

4)the technique book of citrix said that when setting up a virtual license server on Xenserver, the hostid can be UUID or the hostid of a remote physical machine.

So my questions are:

1)Are there any definiton or description of UUID in lic for citrix? What I found in the license are only the hostname and MAC address.

2)how can I produce a new lic with UUID?

Thank you very much,

Sincerely yours,

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report