Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

gaofengsjtucs
Message 1 of 1 (114 Views)

UUID? About the license server on Xenserver

114 Views, 0 Replies
11-05-2013 07:28 PM

Dear Sir,

I have told that a AutoCAD License for citrix is essential when install the AutoCAD2014 on Xenserver, then when I installed autocad2014 using the lic for citrix send by agent of Autodesk, I found that it didn't work on virtual machine, there are my steps:

1)install the LMTOOLs on a physical computer using the lic for citrix,then start the service;

2)install the autocad2014 on a virtual computer (windows 2008R2, Citrix Xenserver). I used the SN and key send by agent,and the install package is downloaded from Autodesk (autocad2014,30 days trial),but the box of key is occured a red cross when  I finished the key inputting, so the install processing has to interrupted.

3)I installed the  same autocad2014 package on a physical computer(OS:windows 7), and found it worked smoothly;

4)the technique book of citrix said that when setting up a virtual license server on Xenserver, the hostid can be UUID or the hostid of a remote physical machine.

So my questions are:

1)Are there any definiton or description of UUID in lic for citrix? What I found in the license are only the hostname and MAC address.

2)how can I produce a new lic with UUID?

Thank you very much,

Sincerely yours,

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.