Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using somebody else's thumbdrive

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
L103i050S
183 Views, 4 Replies

Using somebody else's thumbdrive

Mudbox isn't installing from my thumbdrive. What will happen if I try to install from another person's thumbdrive?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L103i050S
in reply to: L103i050S

What happens is the particular program (Mudbox) that wouldn't install from the thumbdrive shipped by Autodesk installs just fine from another thumbdrive. I used my serial # and product key for the different thumbdrive. It was fortunate that I knew someone with a thumbdrive. Autodesk has had zero suggestions and no offer to ship a good thumbdrive to take care of my thumbdrive that would not install mudbox. Great software shabby company.

Message 3 of 5
hashim.mundol

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the USB  drive you received.

you can download the installers from the online subscription website (or use your friend's drive) and install it with your SN/product key.

I have requested some help internally to help you further; (i.e. if you need a replacement drive)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 5
L103i050S
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Everything is installed but could you send a replacement thumb drive in case something goes wrong and I need to reinstall? Having a good thumbdrive available would be insurance against problems. Thank you for your attention to my problems.

Message 5 of 5
tyejay

Hi there,

We will be glad to assist you, However as we will require sensitive information, we would like to assist you off line. Please complete the online customer service web form.  Please provide your contact information to include serial number and e-mail address the business team will work to process a replacement media order.

Jay Tye
Customer Service & Support
AUTODESK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report