Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using autoCAD on different computers

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
m4t3u5LP
457 Views, 2 Replies

Using autoCAD on different computers

I currently have a laptop unsuited for running autoCAD as smoothly as it should be run, but i am planning on getting a new computer made specially for the task. I am, however, anxious to get started and would like to know if i can install the program on this computer and then intall the same one on the new one? Is there a limit to how many computers i can install autoCAD on? How does this work?

thank you in advance,

-Mat

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Mat and welcome to the forums

With regards to your seat count enquiry, it would depend on the type of license you own in the first place. 

If you own a commercial license you may install it on 2 machines (one desktop and one laptop).

However if you own a student license, you will only be allowed to install it on one machine at any point in time. Tol transfer your student license between machines, you may use the online license transfer utility as seen here.

Should you require further clartification, please drop me a personal message (Click on my muhammad.farhan.abdul.manan profile name and then send this user a private message) with the following details:

Serial number(s)
Request code / Host Name & Host ID
Company name (if license is registered to an organization)

or contact our License Assistance team for direct support.

Muhammad Farhan Abdul Manan

Message 3 of 3

Thank you so much! This really helped.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report