Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users close software but license isn't returning to the pool... sometimes?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mdhutchinson
268 Views, 1 Reply

Users close software but license isn't returning to the pool... sometimes?

Nothing has really changed... the same as I've always done.

well some has... (in chronilogical order) 

• We got all new computers... they are very fast. Imroved performance by 40 - 50% (we gained 40% several years ago when we went to 64 bit.)
  • Software installations were done with the same deployments since we went to 2014 products.
  • We updated lic file with newly added seats... but all licenses in lic file were rebuilt on the same day!!!   (I am religious about this as always)
  • We updated lic file with newly added seats... but all licenses in lic file were rebuilt on the same day!!!   (I am religious about this as always)

This issue started right after we got the new computers... however, in the few times I tried I could not replicate it.

The problem is that when someone calls to check why they cannot get a license, I check LMTOOLS there is NOT ONE availiable license. So I check the machine that is using it. i ask user to close... or the user has left for the day...

... but serveral times now... the user clearly had all network licensed adesk software closed down.

... in all these cases the only thing that returned the license was if we reboot the machine.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dembkod
in reply to: mdhutchinson

mdhutchinson,

Hello. Sometimes it takes a minute to return the license to the pool. How long do you wait? It may take a minute.

I would set a variable on the client machine to try and increase the program waiting, it may help.

1.)           Right-click the My Computer icon.

2.)           Click the Advanced tab.

3.)           Click "Environment Variables".

4.)           Under the System Variables window, click "New".

5.)           In the Variable name field enter FLEXLM_TIMEOUT

6.)           In the Variable Name field enter 3000000

7.)           Click "Okay".

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report