Installation & Licensing

Reply
*Nehls, Kevin
Message 1 of 4 (114 Views)

Upgrading to 2000 and Authorization codes????

114 Views, 3 Replies
01-19-2000 02:59 PM
We just received the upgrade to A2K and I have been dealt with the task of
planning, installing, testing, and deploying this program to the server and
workstations. I would like to know if I could install the products on test
systems and authorize them and then later reinstall on the "live" server
and workstations or if I would have to re-authorize everything? In other
words, is the authorization code hardware dependent or can I use the same
authorization code with the same serial numbers?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Nehls
for reply remove -ns-
*Milana, Jerry
Message 2 of 4 (114 Views)

Re: Upgrading to 2000 and Authorization codes????

01-19-2000 03:06 PM in reply to: *Nehls, Kevin
Kevin,

AdLM authorization is tied to the system so, you will not be able to move it,
you will need to install AdLM and authorize it when you move to your production
server. AutoCAD deployments are also tied to the location they were created
in. This means you will have to create new deployments as opposed to moving
them from one server to the next.

Jerry Milana,
Autodesk Product Support

Kevin Nehls wrote:

> We just received the upgrade to A2K and I have been dealt with the task of
> planning, installing, testing, and deploying this program to the server and
> workstations. I would like to know if I could install the products on test
> systems and authorize them and then later reinstall on the "live" server
> and workstations or if I would have to re-authorize everything? In other
> words, is the authorization code hardware dependent or can I use the same
> authorization code with the same serial numbers?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kevin Nehls
> for reply remove -ns-
*Nehls, Kevin
Message 3 of 4 (114 Views)

Re:

01-19-2000 03:22 PM in reply to: *Nehls, Kevin
Thanks. This is kind of what I thought. It won't be that big of a deal
since there will only be one deployment for testing, me. As for the
server, oh well. Currently we have an extra PC that can have NT server
installed to be used as the test server, but it looks like we are going to
have to purchase a new server anyhow.

Once again, thanks for your reply.
--
----------
Kevin Nehls
for reply remove -ns-

Jerry Milana wrote in article
<3886435C.1A9312EF@autodesk.com>...
> Kevin,
>
> AdLM authorization is tied to the system so, you will not be able to move
it,
> you will need to install AdLM and authorize it when you move to your
production
> server. AutoCAD deployments are also tied to the location they were
created
> in. This means you will have to create new deployments as opposed to
moving
> them from one server to the next.
>
> Jerry Milana,
> Autodesk Product Support
>
*Milana, Jerry
Message 4 of 4 (114 Views)

Re:

01-19-2000 05:07 PM in reply to: *Nehls, Kevin
My pleasure, Kevin.

I think you are going to like AdLM. As far as reinstalling to your production
server goes, I'll bet you find that pretty easy once you had practice on your
staging network :smileyhappy:

Jerry

Kevin Nehls wrote:

> Thanks. This is kind of what I thought. It won't be that big of a deal
> since there will only be one deployment for testing, me. As for the
> server, oh well. Currently we have an extra PC that can have NT server
> installed to be used as the test server, but it looks like we are going to
> have to purchase a new server anyhow.
>
> Once again, thanks for your reply.
> --
> ----------
> Kevin Nehls
> for reply remove -ns-
>
> Jerry Milana wrote in article
> <3886435C.1A9312EF@autodesk.com>...
> > Kevin,
> >
> > AdLM authorization is tied to the system so, you will not be able to move
> it,
> > you will need to install AdLM and authorize it when you move to your
> production
> > server. AutoCAD deployments are also tied to the location they were
> created
> > in. This means you will have to create new deployments as opposed to
> moving
> > them from one server to the next.
> >
> > Jerry Milana,
> > Autodesk Product Support
> >
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.