Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
alex.corpo
147 Views, 1 Reply

Upgrading my PC

Hello Autodesk Community, 

I just recently installed AutoCad 2014, and literally a week ago i installed Civil 3d 2014. 

I decided to upgrade my pc to a SSD and i need to know if i will run into issues when i reinstall these programs back onto my computer! Is it possible to use the same serial number and activation code? do i need to get a new activation code or serial number from somewhere? i have both serial nummbers saved in my email account... will it install again if it is the same PC?

thank you for your help,

Alex

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @alex.corpo, 

Using your email address on file I was able to pull up your Student Licenses. Under your account you have Autodesk AutoCAD 2015, Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 and Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015.

For any PC upgrades indeed you need to re-install the software and get a new Activation Code. You can do the Activation Online after installation provided that you are connected to the internet. You will still be using the same Serial Number.

If you need any Activation assistance or encounter issues, you can contact the team directly via the steps below:

1.            Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus

2.            Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”

3.            Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus

4.            Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report