Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading License server from Server 2003 vm to server 2012 vm

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sonyoung
289 Views, 3 Replies

Upgrading License server from Server 2003 vm to server 2012 vm

I'm looking to upgrade my license server from Windows 2003 to Windows 2012 r2.  Both are VM and I plan to reuse the same computer name, IP and MAC address as the old server.  I would like to minimize the work on the client side and not reconfigure their LICPATH.LIC file. Can I just configure the new server with NLM and install the license file, then shutdown the old server and make the changes to the new server?  Is this possible?  Anything I should prep for? TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: sonyoung

Because it is a VM, this will work just fine.  Just hardcode the MAC address from the old server and retire the old one.  I did the same when I went from 2003 to 2008 R2. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
sonyoung
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks TravisNave. Can I install NLM software before changing the MAC and IP?  Does it change dynamically if I change it on the system or does it pull from the system during the install process?  Did you have any issue with the clients connectivity or was it seamless to the end users? TIA

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: sonyoung

You can change it afterwards. So long as it matches before you start the
NLM, you will be fine. The clients should not know the difference, so long
as your DNS knows where to send the hostname.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report