Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
bcaddy
227 Views, 1 Reply

Upgrades

I have recieved an upgrade from Autodesk as I had subscription, which I discontinued -

1) Must I upgrade immediately? Or Do I have some time before I upgrade.

2) The LSA 2012 that I found online - Sec 1.2, 1.2.1 - is confusing me, as it says that I can keep using the old version , and then install an Upgrade , and I have 120 days from when I installed this upgrade to delete all previous copies? What if I never upgrade to a new version , and keep using the old version , will I be mislicensed?

Am I reading wrong ? Or is my interpretion correct?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: bcaddy

If you received an upgrade auto-fulfilled via active Subscription, then your latest version is the version that you received.  Subscription allows you to continue to use your older versions.  However, if you lapse your Subscription, you have 120 days to use your old product and you must upgrade to the latest version.

There really is nothing that will keep you from using your old version.  However, you will be unable to reinstall and reactivate your older version because your old serial number is now invalid due to the expired Subscription.  You will however be able to use and activate your newest version up to the point where you upgrade it or it is no longer supported. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report