Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded from Win8 to Win8.1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
D2BGR8
601 Views, 5 Replies

Upgraded from Win8 to Win8.1

I had installed AutoCAD14 on my Win8 PC and it worked fine. Then I upgraded the operating Sys to Win8.1 and then hell broke loose. The AutoCAD will not work anymore. I did a clean reinstall, received a congratulatory message, but the program will not run. The message I get says "The security system (softlock manager) is not functioning or is improperly installed" What should I do to resolve this problem? Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: D2BGR8

Upgrading the OS on a production machine is always a bad idea.  Your licensing is broken.  Have you applied SP1?  If that doesn't fix it, you're going to have to do a clean uninstall of the product, including its license service.  Then reinstall and then apply the latest service pack that makes it compatible with 8.1.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

if this doesn't work you need to restore back to windows 8 when it was working

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
D2BGR8
in reply to: DarrenP

What do you mean by restoring back to Win8? Undo the upgrade to Win8.1?

Does that mean AutoCAD2014 is not compatible with Win8.1? 

Message 5 of 6
DarrenP

system requirements: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15412189&linkID=9240617
windows 8.1 issues: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels&q=windows+8.1&search_submi...

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
pendean

"Upgrading the OS on a production machine is always a bad idea."
Always check before you do something like this, it's the wisest to never 'assume' it will be fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report