Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from Standalone BDS, Ultimate 2012 to BDS, Ultimate 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RickC_Hump
410 Views, 5 Replies

Upgrade from Standalone BDS, Ultimate 2012 to BDS, Ultimate 2013

I have downloaded the Building Design Suite, Premium 2013 and installed but I cannot get the license to activate.   Also,  how do I get the remainder of the 'Ultimate' software upgraded?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: RickC_Hump

I don't understand the question.  The Ultimate Suite should install and activate without issue.  What is the problem that you are experiencing?  Include screen captures and log files if you must.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Test/How-to-take-a-screen-capture-and-upload-it/m-p/3467392

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
amanda.k
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Rick,

Welcome to the forums!

In order to install all of the Autodesk Design Suite Ultimate files, please download the program from the correct link. You can either sign into the Subscription Center and download from there, or you can download from the links below, which will be available for 72 hours. Your serial number is not working because you are attempting to use a BDS Premium Serial Number to activate a BDS Ultimate.

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_32_And_64_Bit_Part_1

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_32_And_64_Bit_Part_2

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_32_And_64_Bit_Part_3

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_32_And_64_Bit_Part_4

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_32_And_64_Bit_Part_5

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_32_And_64_Bit_Part_6

Building_Design_Suite_Ultimate_32_And_64_Bit_Part_7

Also, you should know that each release of product has a new Serial Number. That means even if you were upgrading from 2012 BDS Premium to 2013 BDS Premium, your 2012 Serial Number will not work to activate your 2013 upgrade.

Once you input the correct Serial Number to the correct product, you should be able to activate an use your program without issue. Please select “Accept as Solution” if this solved your issue, or let me know if you are still experiencing difficulties.

Amanda Kinley
Community Program Manager
Message 4 of 6
RickC_Hump
in reply to: amanda.k

I have uninstalled the wrong upgrade and installed the proper upgrade using the download links provided.  Now I need the serial no. to activate the software.

Thanks, Rick

Message 5 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: RickC_Hump

You should be able to obtain your serial number from your Subscription Center or from your Reseller. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Rick,

Not sure if you still need it, but I've just sent your license information through Private Message.

In addition to the options that Travis mentioned, you can also contact our Registration and Activation group for future serial number lookup requests.

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can assist you with!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report