Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated our installations to Autocad 2014 - need to uninstall older versions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
DaveNTx
326 Views, 3 Replies

Updated our installations to Autocad 2014 - need to uninstall older versions

We are updating older versions of AutoCad to the 2014 version. 

2014 was installed OK but left the older versions intact on their respective machines.  

Do we have to worry about losing our drawing folders or file locations information when we uninstall our older versions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ukdxb012
in reply to: DaveNTx

Hi DaveNTx,

If your custom / company templates, pc3's, ctb's etc. are all stored locally on each workstation then yes. These would need to be migrated to the relevant 2014 folders.

Alternatively you could combne all shared files on a shared location and repath all profiles to this new location so there is one source of the truth for you company.

FYI, If anyone has created any custom toolbars, ribbons etc. these will be lost also when the older version is removed. If the user doesnt migrate them into AutoCAD 2014 or make at least a backup of their files from the older version, they will lose them.

If you are referring to Drawing folders and files on the project server (not local workstation) then the removal of the older version will not affect these locations. It will only remove files related to the install on a local machine.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 4
DaveNTx
in reply to: ukdxb012

Duncan:

Thanx for the feedback. I've uninstalled the older version on one machine with no adverse effects; I have 3 more to do - if they uninstall like the 1st one we'll be in good shape.

Dave
Message 4 of 4
ukdxb012
in reply to: DaveNTx

Glad i could help Dave! Please accept my previous post as the solution or kudos 🙂

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report