Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update existing .LIC file with new license info

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
todd.brown
318 Views, 1 Reply

Update existing .LIC file with new license info

I manage an existing .lic file with multiple softwares in a combined .lic file:

ACAD

PDS Standard

PDS Ultimate

BDS

Revit

etc...

We recently increased our existing PDSU license from 1 to 3.  When I apply the new code to the existing .LIC file, per the LOG file, my ACAD users are trying to pull a PDSU license. I do run an OPT file that locks the PDSU licenses to a defined set of users.

When I have contacted another vendor on this question, they mentioned the following:

"Also the date of issue in the license file is a concern.  AutoCAD is about 2 weeks prior to the rest of the software.  The newer content will trump the older content when they both support the same software.  I can’t guarantee it will fix the problem, but it’s the first place to look to fix.  Unfortunately the fix means getting a new license file for everything on the same day."

Given my existing LIC file, the ACAD license is quite a bit older.  I can go through and request new license files for all of our modules again, but this is a royal pain when it comes to upgrading seats.  How can this be resolved so this not the case moving forward? 

What are my options?  

1) Painfully get new lic files for all of our modules and rebuilt the lic file...each time a change is made!!!!!

2) Should I manage modules in seperate LIC files?  Not sure if that will resolve the date issue?

3) Get rid of all Autodesk modules and be much happier?!  lol

Thanks for any input you may have.

Todd

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: todd.brown

We get this a lot....

1. Use the license parser to see what serials are being used on the license server.  

2. Collect the serial, hostname, ethernet address and goto step 2 here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/quick-start-setting-up-a-license-server.html

3.  You don't need a 2014 with a 2013 license.  You only need 2014 licenses only.  This can be confirmed via step 3 in the "Quick Start Windows" setup of the license server blog post.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/11/license-parser-limitations.html

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report