Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsolved-AutoCAD 2014 says it is installed but is not

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
davodaman.snr
2788 Views, 8 Replies

Unsolved-AutoCAD 2014 says it is installed but is not

Hi,

My computer has a windows 8.1 operating system and is having trouble installing AutoCAD 2014. It says that it is already installed when it does not appear in my program list in control panel. I intially installed it and it failed installing and I kept trying however it still hasn't worked. I have deleted all its peripheral applications and tried re-installing but to no prevail. Does someone know how to fix this issue. I have attached a picture of the installation window where the error was. On other forums I have seen people say to delete all autodesk products and try again but I would like to prevent this if possible. Help would be much appreciated. Please let me know if you need more information about my problem to solve it.

thanks

David

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: davodaman.snr

Ok so first things first.

Windows 8.1 in having some compatibility issues with Autodesk products. Just a heads up. Make sure you install with all the service packs.

Please ensure the following has been done:
1. Computer meets the minimum requirements 
2. UAC off
3. Firewall off
4. Anti-Virus off
5. Administrator rights
6. Clear the temp folder
7. Make sure you have enough disc space 60 Gigs at least
8. Make sure the OS is up to date
9. Reinstall C++ redistributable
10. Reinstall .Net Framework
11. Copy the content of the installation media to the C drive. Preferably on the root of the C drive to negate the problem of filenames becoming too long
12. Make sure short file name creation has been enabled HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem Set NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to a value of 0
13. Create a new Windows user with full admin rights
14. If the computer is on a domain remove it from the network completely for the duration of installation

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 9
pendean

Autodesk recommended uninstall/reinstall procedures are as follows
Uninstall: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252

Ensure the user installing/uninstalling and using the product have enough rights to do so (install and reinstall as local administrator):
Unable to run AutoCAD® as a restricted user http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1055299

More complete .NET fix if you did not go through this procedure:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Message 4 of 9
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: pendean

Please see step 6: Clear out the temp folder.

If the temp folder still has the corrupted file, Uninstall and Reinstall wont help.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 9
dembkod

davodaman.snr

Hello. Likely two registry keys are present. If these two keys are present, delete them.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\7D2F3875100D0000102000060BECB6AB

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products\7D2F3875100D9040112000060BECB6AB

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 6 of 9
davodaman.snr
in reply to: dembkod

I've accessed this through the Run application and typing RegEdit, however, what folder will I find this in?
Message 7 of 9

I had another look following the directory address and it appears that these files are not there.  Surely there must be a straightforward way of fixing this issue without the rigmarole of completely uninstalling all Autodesk products.  The only one I am having trouble with is AutoCAD.  I don't want to uninstall the products that I have finally got to work.  Can anyone give me a simple explanation as to why the Install Shield says AutoCAD is already installed when I have uninstalled it through the Control Panel?  I am desperately trying to work on an assignment. I don't need this hassle.  If AutoCAD is not talking with Windows 8.1 is anyone in the organisation working to solve the problem so students can use the product?  Please help.

Message 8 of 9
sself
in reply to: dembkod

THANK YOU! I tried all the clean install directions (removing Registry Keys, deleting folders, etc), and it wasn't until I looked for these keys that I finally got it to say that the products weren't installed!
Message 9 of 9
canouanchic
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

Awesome!!! it works ! Thanks a million! just setting the value to 0 in the registry file did the trick me. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report