Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uninstalling and new installation on new pc

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jarekmiarka
576 Views, 2 Replies

uninstalling and new installation on new pc

Hi All,

Please help 😉

we've had 3ds Max on my old pc and it's working fine, but please let me know as we need to uninstall existing version from my old pc and how we can install it on brand new pc? I tried with License Borrowing I but this  option is not available for us.

Another words we want to uninstall existing version 3ds Max from my pc completely and install a new version of 3ds Max on other computer. How we can do it?

We tried with new installation on our new pc many times but we're getting this info:

Activation Limit Reached
You have already activated your product on the maximum number of computers permitted by your license.

If you would like an Autodesk customer service agent to manually review your activation history, please complete a
Customer Service Request.

(Error: 10)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
camilo.lemos
in reply to: jarekmiarka

Hi jarekmiarka, 

Checking the products you have registered, it seems that your 3ds Max is a standalone copy, so I suppose that's what you mean by License Borrowing not being available to you.

My suggestion is to use the License Transfer Utility, which you can find on Start Menu>Autodesk>3ds Max. This tool will allow you to transfer the license from your old computer to the new one .

This official video will give you more information on how to use the License Transfer Utility.

Camilo Lemos

Message 3 of 3
jarekmiarka
in reply to: camilo.lemos

many thanks Camilo, I'll try as you suggested

thanks again, fingers crossed

Jarek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report