Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unhandled exception....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jnaustin
349 Views, 2 Replies

unhandled exception....

I asked this question in the AutoCAD 2010 discussion group and then I saw this group - perhaps a more relevant forum.  Please see below:

I am a student and downloaded the free version of 2010 last week.  It had been working just fine thank you until this morning when starting from the desktop icon the message above was displayed before it finished booting up.

I've read about .NET being the culprit and very convoluted ways of solving the problem through a series of steps that seem to point to no clear solution - that is to say, some folks report this as the fix while others are left to return to pencil and paper or finish that game of solitaire.

If any one has a bonafide solution I'd love to hear it.  The classroom for this course I am taking is 25 miles away and the prospect of trudging up there to put in some time on AutoCAD is not my idea of summer.  At all.  

I'm looking forward to some bright ideas!

Thanks,

jeff

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: jnaustin

If it was working fine until this morning, I would first try a System Restore point before this morning.  Perhaps there was a update or change to your system that caused the problem.  Worth a shot...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
jnaustin
in reply to: jnaustin

Thanks for the suggestion(s).  The college support staff suggested a repair as well and that seems to have fixed my problem.

-jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report