Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff Exception at f4060004h

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
bertiehumphreys
4198 Views, 17 Replies

Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff Exception at f4060004h

I installed Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 onto my laptop today but every time it eventually loads, I get this error message.

'Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff Exception at f4060004h'

Any ideas what this could mean? Thanks in advance for your help.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

In my experience, this issue is usually caused either by a malware infection or a problem with the .NET Framework. 

.NET Framework issues can be resolved using the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. More information about this tool can be found at my discussion thread here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 18

I've recently used the clean-up tool and reinstalled .NET framework 4.5.1, and still get the same error. I've posted on a windows 7 forum about the same issue, so thought I'd link it here to pool the information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/361808-net-framework-4-5-fatal-error-during-in...

Any other ideas? Don't think I have a malware issue. I've been using Bullguard Antivirus for a few years and think my laptop is clean.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Message 4 of 18

Do you have any devices connected to your computer?  Odd network devices?  Etc.?

Also, it could be video card related.  What is your video card and driver version?  If your laptop also has an onboard Intel/generic card in addition to a 3D card, this could also be a problem.  Disable it in BIOS.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 18

No odd devices, everything running pretty normally otherwise. I'm in a student flat of 9, so quite a few other network devices, not sure what else you could mean by network devices.

My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M but my laptop also has an integrated soundcard (Intel HD Graphics 3000), how do I go about disabling it in the BIOS?
Message 6 of 18

First of all do a clean install of this certified driver:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/81879/en-us

Then go into your BIOS (probably like F2 at boot or something) and see if you have a setting to disable it.  On the Dell laptops, this was called Optimus.  You can see a link to this process in my signature.

Hope that helps. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 18

Before you replied, I tried disabling it in 'Device Manager' and my screen went black. I rebooted my laptop and it ran normally, but everything in an odd resolution, and I couldn't change it to a normal looking one. Does this mean I was using my integrated graphics the whole time?

I'm scared to disable it in the BIOS if it turns out I've been using it the whole time. I hope this makes sense...
Message 8 of 18

Disabling the onboard card will not hurt you. It'll just force you to
always use the nVidia card.

Absolutely use the driver I provided though. Perform a clean install.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 18

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by a clean install?

Thanks
Message 10 of 18

Ah. It's a checkbox during install. My Optimus link shows pictures if you
need more info. Clean install removes previous drivers, reboots, then
installs new.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 18

My BIOS looks like this and as such can't choose to disable Optimus. What shall I do? Just perform a clean install without disabling Optimus?
Message 12 of 18

In your case, Optimus will be the right choice. 

So yeah, just do a clean install.  Hope it helps! 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 13 of 18

Just did a clean install and AutoCAD still crashes. Unsure what to try next... :S
Message 14 of 18

When you right-click the AutoCAD icon does it give you the option to run
with your graphics card?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 15 of 18

Not explicitly, how would I get it to do that?

*EDIT*

I used Nvidia Control Panel to force AutoCAD to run with the 'High-performance NVIDIA Processor' but I still get the error.

I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but on the 'global settings' tab, the preferred graphics processor is locked to 'Integrated Graphics' and I can't change it.

Message 16 of 18

There's got to be some way to force AutoCAD to use your nVidia card.  You might need to find out in the instruction manual of your computer.  I have seen some computers have a override button for this.  Yours might have some sort of setting for this.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 17 of 18

All methods of forcing AutoCAD to use my graphics card seem to be greyed out, as in my attached image.

I have also undertaken a complete clean install of all AutoDesk products as outlined on the support section of this website, but still get the same issue.

Message 18 of 18

i was getting the same error message.  i just ran a "repair" in the UNINSTALL program.  this fixed my issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report