Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unattended install

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mreineke
5444 Views, 4 Replies

Unattended install

Hello everyone,

Can't tell you how happy I am to be here after spending days looking for non-existant support and documentation from Autodesk.

Anyway, we are trying to push an install of DWG Trueview using SCCM with silent set. This seems simple enough but there is minimal support listing the cammand line options available. I've found several forums using something to this effect - "path\setup.exe /w /t /l /q path\setup.ini"

There are also a few using an msi installer. I have editted the setup.ini to change the install path and not install the desktop icon.

What I am finding is it works if I run the install without the silent /q switch. By that I mean it reads the setup.ini and takes the correct install path I've entered. It of course does not do it without the install screen/prompts.

I have tried several different options and switches but the only one that seems to help is removing /q. I found one note on adding an install path in the command line but had no success with it. SCCM can be removed from the equation as I'm testing with manual scripts at this point, not through the SCCM agent.

What am I missing? Is this a new issue with 2015?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: mreineke

Just an FYI:

.\setup.exe /w /t /q  /c AOEM:ADSK_DESKTOPSHORTCUT_1=0 INSTALLDIR="c:\dwgtv"

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
mreineke
in reply to: david.lau

After escalating the case with the sales channel I did finaly get the same answer from Autodesk support. The does work from a command line but not with SCCM. I should be able to work around this though, thanks for answering.

Message 4 of 5
itsupport
in reply to: mreineke

I've been testing silent / unattended install options for DWG TrueView 2016 using for WDS (Windows Deployment Services) for SOE Imaging. the below worked from a DOS Prompt with success. I'm about to translate this into the WDS Silent Install command but should be identical less the initial path.

"\\path\to\install\setup.exe" /w /t /l /qb /c AOEM:INSTALLDIR="%programfile%\AUTODESK\DWGTrueView2016"

(note the /qb option lets you see what packages are being install but no user interaction is required)

Hope that helps.

Message 5 of 5
mreineke
in reply to: itsupport

We ended up using the following for 2015 and now the same with 2016:

"\path\SetupDWGTrueView2016_ENU_64bit\Setup.exe" /w /t /q /c AOEM:ADSK_DESKTOPSHORTCUT_1=0 INSTALLDIR="C:\path\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2016 - English"

I should have posted but lost track of the forum.

Now if we could figure out a convenient way to use 360 without having to upload, sync and manage yet another online storage space.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report