Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to uninstall Autodesk Application Manager

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
gabriela_s
100966 Views, 29 Replies

Unable to uninstall Autodesk Application Manager

Hello,
On 9/30/2014 I downloaded the AutoCAD Trial version AutoCAD_2015_English_Win_32_64bit_Trial_wi_en-us_Setup and because my old computer was running very slow afterwards, I have uninstalled it. As you know, during the installation process the Autodesk Application Manager comes along, uninvited, and now I cannot uninstall it at all. I have uninstalled everything else, or so I believe, however, when I try to uninstall the Autodesk Application Manager the mesage"Autodesk application Manager is still running on this computer. All instances must be quit prior to uninstall"
Nothing is running... I don't know what else to do to uninstall this final element... :(.

Do you have any other ideas that myght help me,Please?

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
TravisNave
in reply to: gabriela_s

Have you tried actually closing the Autodesk Application Manager from the systray before trying to uninstall it?  You might also be able to kill it from the Task Manager processes.  Worth a try.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 30

THANK YOU THANK YOU I can't tell you how many hours we've wasted on this.  Go to Task Manager/Details, then we selected AppMgr.exe and "End task" worked!

Message 4 of 30

This works follow the TaskManager Process......it works

Message 5 of 30
ukdxb012

Please refer to the following Autodesk Knowledge Network Article's... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autodesk-Application-Mana... & http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-Silently-Uninstall...

You will also find a link below to my Autodesk Screencast on 'How to uninstall and reinstall Autodesk Application Manager'.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 30
awaissayyed1

It keeps on saying quit all instances prior to uninstall an di do not know how how to do that 

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I'm trying to delete inventor from my computer and it won't uninstall from my computer it says: autodesk application manager is still running on this computer. all instances must be quit prior to uninstall. I had inventor closed and it still not letting me uninstall the application. How can I get that fixed?

Message 8 of 30
fernandez.jennifer999
in reply to: Anonymous

If this didn't work, sorry, I don't know what else to try, sorry....

Go to Task Manager/Details, then click on AppMgr.exe and click "End task".
Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
in reply to: fernandez.jennifer999

Inventor 2015 uninstalled now I'm trying to install inventor 2014 so I
downloaded it and it says inventor 2014 language pack for this is already
installed. how do I uninstall the 2014 language pack from my computer?
Message 10 of 30
Anonymous

Message 11 of 30
mauryhornets1

I'm having the same issue and don't know how to do the process you explained. Thanks in advance

Message 12 of 30

You can find the Task Manager by clicking on the window in the bottom left corner of your screen, then typing in Task Manager. When I did this, AppMgr.exe was one of the choices. I wish I could help. I was trying to install Autocad 2015, I think, but this was almost 2 years ago. The software may have changed since then.
Message 13 of 30
Anonymous

Thanks a lot,i'ce tried it and successfully uninstalled autodesk application manager!
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous

omg thank you very much!!!

I've been trying to do this for a long time and it bothered me when i turned my computer on it used to say "run autodesk..." but now it doesnt't. VERY BIG THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 15 of 30
chicqsai

Wow this works. thanks
Message 16 of 30
apoorvsom

Oh, Thank You so much! TravisNAVE, it worked finally!!!

Message 17 of 30

Thank you very much. Task manager stuff worked perfectly. 

Message 18 of 30

u are awesome man. "Autodesk desktop app is still running on this computer, all instances must be quit prior to uninstall" this was bothering me like any thing

Message 19 of 30

we need to end the process for AppMgr.exe from taskbar and then try to uninstall it.

Message 20 of 30
johnmalone0

Each time I try to uninstall this app i get the following message in the 'windows cannot find removeadappmanager.exe'. How do I resolve this? Thanks.Autodesk Problem.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report