Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to un-install BDS Premium

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
LisaDrago
389 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to un-install BDS Premium

I have a client who is unable to un-install the BDS Premium 2013 - specifically Revit.

He says it gets about half way done and it hangs... It never finishes.

What can be doing this and how can he get it off his system to re-install it?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: LisaDrago

Lisa,

He'll probably have to uninstall it manually.

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

If you are really desperate, consider using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Use that at your own risk.  It is no longer supported. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: TravisNave

Okay - we had done the Microsoft fix-it - that did not help..

Just ran through the other Microsoft uninstaller... He is going to restart his computer and try to reinstall the software...

It is so off - the software is not on his machine but it says it is...

I checked myself...

I have opened a support ticket with autodesk... I'll post what we do...

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Yeah the MSICUU2.exe should take care of that problem.  But its side-effect is a possible nasty 1406 registry error on reinstall.  Been down that road many times.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: TravisNave

We were able to use one of the utilities you posted to get everything un-installed and then were able to get it installed again, open and working.

Thank you all for your assistance!

LD

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Excellent!  See you in May!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report