Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start AutoCad 2002 LT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
FloJpg
504 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to start AutoCad 2002 LT

Hi guys,

i've just installed AutoCad 2002 LT (yes, it's quite old...) on a Win XP machine. When AutoCad starts :

- if i select start without activating (15 day trial use) : AutoCad automatically close

- if i enter my activation code : autocad freeze during ~10 minutes, use 100 % CPU load, then crash.

I used an official CD and serial to perform this installation, i don't think that it was a licence problem.

Any idea ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: FloJpg

Yikes that is old!

You might want to update the license system on that old software as a start:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2524942&linkID=9240818

And then also make sure you have installed SP1

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2524838&linkID=9240818

It's also a good idea to try to login as another user with local admin rights (or use the local Administrator account) to run and activate the software. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
dembkod

FloJpg ,

Hello. You are using a program created 12 years ago and the licensing technology has changed considerably over that period, not to mention all the other programs that have grown on the OS during that period. If it is still able to be activated, I would look at turn off your Antivirus first, and any other programs that could be competing.

I would look to see if I could find the prerequisites that are part of the disk to see if you can identify them. If you can look to see what versions you already have installed. For instance, if the program used C++, which C++ is already installed on the OS? Any newer versions of these can cause backwards compatibility problems. You could uninstall them to test.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 4
FloJpg

Hi guys,

first, thanks for your support cause it's very important for me to install this AutoCAD (coz I only have a 2002 LT licence).

@ TravisNave : i updated the licence system and installed the SP1 but i still got the same issue.

@ Dembkod : the machine is a freshly installed Win XP with all mandatory and facultative updates installed. Maybe there's one prereq that I missed but maybe you've an exhaustive list of all of them ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report