Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1
tim.grace
594 Views, 0 Replies

Unable to Run AutoCAD

I have a standalone license for AutoCAD P&ID 2011.  My computer recently experienced some problems which I fixed.  All of my software still worked after the fix without the need to uninstall and reinstall, all that is except for AutoCAD P&ID 2011.  When I tried to run AutoCAD P&ID 2011 I received the following dialogue box:

"Unable to run AutoCAD.  This may be due to one of the following reasons:

1) This version of AutoCAD was not installed properly.  In this case, you may wish to reinstall AutoCAD.

2) You do not have sufficient rights to run AutoCAD."

With an "OK" button.

On point one above (at the time) I could agree... my machine had a problem so yes why not reinstall.

On point two above I have a standalone machine not connected to any network and I am the Administrator of the machine.

I did the uninstall and reinstall and received the same message above when trying to run the product.  I can't even get to the activation bit.

I have attempted a reinstall about 6 times now trying different options to no avail.

I have  two user accounts set up on this machine: me in business mode (freelance engineer) and me in home mode for personal stuff.

Fortunately, I am no longer freelancing fulltime so this is not a train smash just yet.  Imagine if the product I purchased was actually my bread and butter again!! what then?

Any clue or help out there?  Incidentally:  Autodesk Design review returned a "Fatal Error" dialogue and also doesn't run.  I filled in the bits and sent on to Autodesk, but the jury is still out on that one.

Regards

Tim

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report