Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retrieve AutoCAD 2014 update

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stephen.edwards.au
355 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to retrieve AutoCAD 2014 update

Hello all

I have AutoCAD 2013 & I wish to upgrade, so i've purchased an update through the Autodesk website over 12 hours ago.

However when I click the "Download your purchase(s)" it offers me a pair of .exe files for 32 & 64 bit operating systems, neither of which I can actually download as it bounces me to an error page.

I presume to run AutoCAD 2014 you would need new software as well as the new product key & serial number? I tried punching these numbers into the AutoCAD 2013 install, the serial number works but the product key doesn't.

Also, I submitted a help request & it gave me this message:

"Thank you for submitting your request.

We have received your message and will respond to it in the order received."

Now I have no idea where to find the "order received" page, the Autodesk Store website seems to be rather counter-productive in some ways. It's quite frustrating.

Please help, thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you are having trouble downloading from the subscription site can you try the virtual agent as a workaround?

Go to http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Select the 2nd Choice "Download Links "

Select your product

You are now presented with the choice to download your software. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 4

I will try this & report back; thanks.
Message 4 of 4

I am pleased to notify that this solution worked for me. Serial # and product key all matched & worked fine.

Not sure what's up with the Autodesk Store website, wether my issue was a one-off or if it's re-occuring for others. But for those that aren't IT experts, you do feel lost when there's some sort of glitch, and if it weren't for this forum I don't know how else I could ask for help. Certainly calling a help line would work out expensively for those outside North America, let alone trying to match up time zones etc.

Anyway, thanks for your help. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report