Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to recover Vault 2013 backup

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
358 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to recover Vault 2013 backup

Hello all,

We have just upgraded our Vault 2011 to 2013 version in our Windows Server 2003 R2 system. During the transition, I have configured my own pc to act as 2013 server and has been working perfectly for the last two weeks. 

After several issues to install the 2013 version, it is finally on and when trying to recover a backup from the temporal server, the following message appears:

Excepción : The operating system returned the error '5(Acceso denegado.)' while attempting 'RestoreContainer::ValidateTargetForCreation' on 'E:\Vault\KnowledgeVaultMaster.mdf'.
File 'KnowledgeVaultMaster' cannot be restored to 'E:\Vault\KnowledgeVaultMaster.mdf'. Use WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file.
The operating system returned the error '5(Acceso denegado.)' while attempting 'RestoreContainer::ValidateTargetForCreation' on 'E:\Vault\KnowledgeVaultMaster_log.ldf'.
File 'KnowledgeVaultMaster_log' cannot be restored to 'E:\Vault\KnowledgeVaultMaster_log.ldf'. Use WITH MOVE to identify a valid location for the file.
Problems were identified while planning for the RESTORE statement. Previous messages provide details.
RESTORE DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

The access denied thing is something i do not understand due we are always working with an admin account with full rights in all the system. I have checked too the AutodeskVault user and included him in the Administration rights group. But either way, the message keeps appearing ...

Does anyone have any idea of why does this happend?

Thanks in advance for your support

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
y.chatain
in reply to: Anonymous

Same here,

any thing???

a picture for scale

Message 3 of 6
y.chatain

it is not some simple permission on the backup folder

https://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1451813-391-1.aspx

Message 4 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: y.chatain

@y.chatain 

For the future you should be creating your own posting and not replying to a 5 yr old posting about Vault 2013 (when yours is based on Vault 2015).

Update:  I guess the message appears to be the same as the OP had..   I wasn't paying attention to the full OP info since you were talking about Vault 2015.   However you should be using the Vault forum https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-forum/bd-p/101

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 6
y.chatain
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi mark,

Nice to know that people are reading those posts.

However, it is excatly the problem I had, recovering a Vault 2013 Backup on an Vault 2015 server.

While going over the net i found different solutions and i was just covering ground.

Message 6 of 6
y.chatain

I found the solution, It was just liked to the Sql/Vault service that just didn't have the acces rights to the Disc/folder

I asked the It department to unlock them and then it was fine.

Could someone mark it as solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report