Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open dwg file from website after installation of 2015 True View

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
uByte
394 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to open dwg file from website after installation of 2015 True View

I have a client that called me up and said that when he clicks on a link on a website that is a ".dwg" file it would show a blank screen in Internet explorer. It used to give him the option to save or open the file. I have tried to resetting IE back to defaults, uninstalling and reinstalling IE, and disabling all add-ons but nothing has fixed it. He has the Autodesk TrueView 2014 installed. I thought well maybe its something they fixed in the new version. I downloaded the new 2015 version of TureView and it did the same thing. I went to the site on my personal computer and it asked to open or save on mine. To make sure that it was nothing to do with Autodesk TrueView 2015 I downloaded it and now it does the same thing on my computer. Is anyone else having this issue and if so what can I do to fix it? It is also on several different websites that have dwg files available for download. The website that I am having issues on is: http://soundconceptscan.com/product.php?ptype=ceilings&pname=AP&doc_type=details Thanks in advanced, -uByte
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: uByte

that might be an issue with the website

couldn't you right click the .dwg link and say save target as

edit: i just tried with  a machine that doesn't have trueview installed it does ask to open up file

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

it seems the cause of the problem is having Trueview installed

uninstall it is one way to fix it

or what i said above right click and save target as

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
uByte
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks for the reply. I know that I can right click and "save target as..."But I want to be able to just open it from the site without having to save it. Also I have the same problem with other websites that offer to download a ".dmg" file. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report