Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to obtain lincese from server

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
515 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to obtain lincese from server

Hi.

I have a server running Windows Server 2003 (32bit).

There, it is installed the flexnet and the LMtools under "perform Status Enquiry" says:

license server UP (MASTER) v11.7

adskflex: UP v11.7

So, from what I can understand, the license server is up and running.

I have 20 client machine with Windows 7 (64bit) and AutoCAD Architecture 2011.

When I try to run AutoCAD I receive a mask asking for the license server system or license file, I choose the license server system, I give the name of the server then the message "The FLEXnet license finder has completed. Press Finish to return to the application.", I click on finish and I'm asked again the license server system or license file. The only way out is to click on "Cancel" and the message is "Unable to obtain a valid license from NLM" (traslated from Italian, not sure about the exact words) and an error number [-1.359.2].

The server is reachable from the client, I specified the name and ip on the host file, I can ping the server and I have response back in <1ms.

I tried to set an enviromental variable as described here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8385605&linkID=9240617 then I'm no more asked to give the license but instead I immediately receive the same message with error number [0.0.0]

Can someone help.

Thanks,

cheers,

sergio.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dembkod
in reply to: Anonymous

roskomante,

Hello. It is possible you are not pointing to the correct location or you have firewall blockage, or both. Being able to ping a server does not always mean you are able to actually connect to it properly. First, we can make sure of the direction with a system Variable.

1.)           Right-click the My Computer icon.

2.)           Click the Advanced tab.

3.)           Click "Environment Variables".

4.)           Under the System Variables window, click "New".

5.)           In the Variable name field enter ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE

6.)           In the Variable value field enter @YOUR_SERVER_IP_ADDRESS

7.)           Click "Okay" and test.

After the variable, if this still doesn’t pull a seat, I would check the firewall on the server. Make sure Incoming TCP ports are open 2080 and 27000-27009- these are the ports our programs use.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: dembkod

are you trying to open autocad or autocad architecture?

if its autocad it will not grab a Autocad Architecture license

per the cascading

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14885918&linkID=9242018

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dembkod

dembkod

I already added the environment variable @SERVER_NAME.

Since I added the ip address and server name in the host file in windows I tought it would be the same.

The server is fully reachable, if I open an explorer tab and type //SERVER_NAME or //SERVER_IP_ADDRESS, I can see all the shared directories and work with them.

And it can't be a problem with the firewalls (I disabled them all).

Tomorrow I'll try the solution you suggested and I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Sergio.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

I'm not sure: I used the link the installation placed on the desktop of the clients.

I can't check until tomorrow at the office.

But, my bad, I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

This is an installation in new machines of an old software and I can recall that we could use AutoCAD or AutoCAD Architecture at will.

Thanks,

Sergio.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report