Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to launch on Windows 8

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
DannyMcGoo
427 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to launch on Windows 8

I have been trying for weeks now to get Autodesk Inventor 2014 to work on my laptop. I am running Windows 8, 64 bit. I hav tried all different compatability options, tried older versions, but nothing seems to work. 

I have been trying to get the student version to work, and also the free trial, but no luck so far. 

Are there certain settings needed to get it working on windows 8? My college have it running on Windows 8, so confused as to why it won't work.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: DannyMcGoo

Did you actually install Inventor 2014?
Message 3 of 8
DannyMcGoo
in reply to: pendean

Yes I did have it installed. All the other programs would open, except the Inventor, which is the one I actually need to do college work. Any ideas?

Message 4 of 8
TravisNave

Generally speaking, Inventor refusing to launch (or launching and crashing without seeing it) is typical of a video card / driver issue.  Make sure you're running the latest WHQL certified driver, or if using a laptop with Optimus, making sure it is set to use your real video card. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 8
DannyMcGoo

@TravisNave

How can I check that my laptop is running the latest WHQL certified driver? I don't believe my laptop is using Optimus, but not sure. How could I check and amend this?

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

you need to go to your graphics card manufactures website and check

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
TravisNave

Darren is right.  Every person is different.  So, if you had an nVidia card, for example, you could check in Device Manager under your video adapter and on the driver tab it will tell you what the driver version is.  From that, you could compare it to the latest WHQL driver provided by nvidia.com.  Typically, you'd be running an old default manufacturer's driver or a Microsoft compatibility driver.  That's where most problems arise. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 8 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

i know the nvidia website tells you the driver is whql certified before you download it

i don't know about the AMD website you may have to dig for it on their website

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report