Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install/uninstall autocad 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ccti-reg
22715 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to install/uninstall autocad 2013

Hello,

I have a computer that had Autocad 2013 trial installed on it. I uninstalled it and install the network licence version on it that we have from our Autodesk Education Master Suite. The installation failed. I proceed to uninstall, the uninstall says everything was deleted.

I the start the installation of 2013 for master suite, it says it's already installed. I look into add/remove, no autodesk product. I go into program files folder (windows vista ultime x86), there's an autodesk folder but no autocad in it (or anywhere else). I then choose to follow the uninstall procedure, deleting all files in temp, autodesk folder in appdata local/roaming, delete registry key... I launch the install, it still says it's already installed.

I then proceed to use the "Uninstall Tool for autocad Design Suite Uninstall Tool" (a bit redundant name). It show me I have autocad 2013 english installed and Autodesk Content Service. I select "uninstall". The result is autodesk content service successfull but Autocad 2013 english failed.

Now, what do I do?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: ccti-reg

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

For all other installation problems consider using the Microsoft Installer Clean Up Utility. For more information on this program, please my forum post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Microsoft-Installer-Clean-Up-Utility-for-Add-Re...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
ccti-reg

Fixit doesn't run (stop with error message).

The link for the uninstall is exactly what I said I followed.

The other program doesn't list any autodesk product.

I had to manually find each autodesk/autocad registry key, including the classes, root install and such, and delete it one by one. There's a lot of them. Then, I was able to at least select Autocad 2013 for installation. I'll see tomorow if any error were made.

Message 4 of 5
ccti-reg

Well, it worked until it tried to install the service "Autodesk Content Service". I forgot to do sc delete "autodesk content service", then I was able to proceed and have everything installed fine and working.

A real autodesk cleanup tool would be nice, one that doesn't depend on working uninstall software and that simply delete all autodesk related registry key, file and services, like I did by myself.

Message 5 of 5
flintov

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report