Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Install Autocad

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
asher.malik
249 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to Install Autocad

Hi I have tried each and everyway to install autocad but it still fails to. I think my computer shut down during the first fresh install. Because of which I think I cannot reinstall. I have followed every technique mentioned on the site to completely remove Autocad. But some of the files kept reappearing such as Autodesk Sharing in common files and autodesk in registry. But when it still wasnt there as soon as I deleted it. I restart my computer and try to install again it still says cannot install autocad as it already exists on the computer.

When it completely downloads, it asks to insall on this computer. Obviously I click on that but after that the AutoCad tick box appears dulled out and I cannot click on that. Another software with it I cant remember the name is still there and that can be installed but not AutoCad.

And now I follow the steps again and again and I have encountered another problem and I cant delete the folder Autodesk Shared in common files. When I do try to delete it, it says its open in another file in Windoes explorer while it isnt.

Thanks in Advance for the help.

Would really appreciate it if this can be sorted out.

Thanks a lot.

Asher Malik

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
nestly2
in reply to: asher.malik

I don't have a specific solution other than to try using the Browser download instead of "InstallNow".  When the download completes, navigate to the download location and doubleclick the setup file to launch the installer manually.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report