Okay, so we're trying to install AutoCAD LT 2012 on Windows 7 x64 and it systematically gives out the following error message:
1: 5 2: adlmPITSetProductInformation failed. 3: 2
- The install has been attempted more than once, on more than one machine (both physical and virtual)
- The installation works correctly on Windows XP 32.
- Same error message wheter i copy the CD on the computer, install from the CD, from network copy or from a deployment package (local or SMS).
I've browsed the forum and googled around and found the following fixes, all unsuccesfull:
- remove all other autodesk software: done, no success.
- clean the registry of all autodesk traces: done, no success
- delete the ProductInformation.pit file from the computer: no file present, so no success.
- Use a packaged deployment: done, no success.
I also tried to do an installation while including OR NOT the SP1 to no avail.
I currently have a whole engineering department (25+ people) unable to migrate to Windows 7 since we cannot deploy.
As stated in the first post, I already googled around and found your two links in the forum.
- There is no ProductInformation.PIT files on my computer, either in the posted location or anywhere else (found by way of a dir /s /a *.PIT: no files founds).
- I already removed all other Autodesk product from the computer. It does the same error even from a brand new machine,
Any other tips ?
Install as Administrator.