Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install AutoCAD 2012 LT on Windows 7 x64

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
createchsupport
1537 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to install AutoCAD 2012 LT on Windows 7 x64

Okay, so we're trying to install AutoCAD LT 2012 on Windows 7 x64 and it systematically gives out the following error message:

Error

1: 5 2: adlmPITSetProductInformation failed. 3: 2

[OK]

- The install has been attempted more than once, on more than one machine (both physical and virtual)

- The installation works correctly on Windows XP 32.

- Same error message wheter i copy the CD on the computer, install from the CD, from network copy or from a deployment package (local or SMS).

I've browsed the forum and googled around and found the following fixes, all unsuccesfull:

- remove all other autodesk software: done, no success.

- clean the registry of all autodesk traces: done, no success

- delete the ProductInformation.pit file from the computer: no file present, so no success.

- Use a packaged deployment: done, no success.

I also tried to do an installation while including OR NOT the SP1 to no avail.

I currently have a whole engineering department (25+ people) unable to migrate to Windows 7 since we cannot deploy.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 3 of 4

As stated in the first post, I already googled around and found your two links in the forum.

- There is no ProductInformation.PIT files on my computer, either in the posted location or anywhere else (found by way of a dir /s /a *.PIT: no files founds).

- I already removed all other Autodesk product from the computer.  It does the same error even from a brand new machine,

Any other tips ?

Message 4 of 4

Install as Administrator.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report