Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install AutoCAD 2011 32-bit on windows 7

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
viplavsahu
4847 Views, 8 Replies

Unable to install AutoCAD 2011 32-bit on windows 7

hi i m not able to install AutoCAD 2011  32-bit on my system, the setup starts but aborts saying .NET 3.5 is not installed on ur syatem...

2. I tried installing .NET 3.5 from microsoft website but is also not installing on my system and noting happens..

a message appears while installing "use windows turn on or off feature in the control panel...

3. My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit....

plz help

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
aaronhai
in reply to: viplavsahu

Please turn off or disable the User Access Control (UAC) in Windows 7 and re-try.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 9
viplavsahu
in reply to: aaronhai

i tried to install it after turning off the UAC but the condition was same it is not able to install it only says .NET  3.5 is not installed use "turn windows windows on or off feature in the control panel...

in my system .NET 4 is installed.....

Message 4 of 9
aaronhai

Un-install .NET from your machine and re-install using the copy available in the AutoCAD media.

Typically - <x86\support\dotnetfx> folder

If you encounter issue in un-installing .NET, then try third-party (non-Microsoft) utility which performs un-installation of all .NET Framework versions and cleans up left over files and folders. I have appended 1 of the many 3rd party utility available in the internet below. However, I wish to highlight that these are not an Autodesk or Microsoft utility so please assess the usage at your own discretion.
Information about this utility and manual uninstall steps :
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx
.NET Framework Cleanup Utility :
http://astebner.sts.winisp.net/Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip

Aaron Hai
Message 5 of 9
viplavsahu
in reply to: aaronhai

hi i uninstalled the .NET using cleanup but nw on installing new error is showing up which is error 1935

i m attaching the screen shots of what i m seeing u can have a look...

Message 6 of 9
Rishikesh07

Hi, Guys i am also not able to install Auto cad 2011 on windows 7....when i run the setup it says u cant install the software on the Operating System so what should i do ??

Message 7 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Rishikesh07

Your specific issue is different: you are installing the wrong AutoCAD in the wrong Windows.

32bit AutoCAD only installs in 32bit Windows

64bit AutoCAD only installs in 64bit Windows

You have access to both variants of AutoCAD as part of your purchase: get the correct one based on your Windows variant.

Message 8 of 9
Rishikesh07
in reply to: pendean

thanks mate....i have 1 Gb graphics card in my laptop so will this have any effect on the program ??

Message 9 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Rishikesh07

Depends on the brand, model, driver and what you plan on using AutoCAD for... .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report