Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install 2014 on Windows XP

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rand44ybass
201 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to install 2014 on Windows XP

I installed Autocad 2014 (single user license, but it will not start up the first time. I am unable to get it to start to input the activation code. I get a splash screen that just sits there and spins, with the message "loading," and never loads. I tried to reinstall, but it said I already had it installed and gave me no other options. On the Audodesk website, I clicked on the link to uninstall it, but it took me to a 404 page. I guess I could go through "Add/remove files" to remove it and then try to reinstall. That seems like my only option at this point.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: rand44ybass

XP's Data Execution Protection service (DEP for short) may be getting in the way: open it up and add 2014 to the exclusion set.
Message 3 of 4
rand44ybass
in reply to: pendean

Pendean, I was able to turn off DEP for AutoCAD, but that didn't solve the problem. Thank you for the suggestion though. I'm thinking I need to uninstall AutoCAD and reinstall it. I'm hesitant to use the Windows Add/Remove Program function, as it is not always thorough in its methods. 

Message 4 of 4
rand44ybass
in reply to: rand44ybass

I used the Windows "Add or Remove Programs" feature, and was given the option to repair or reinstall. I selected Repair, but after it was through, it would still not run. I rebooted and tried again, just to make sure. So I selected Reinstall. It complained that I had Process Explorer running, so I closed that, and it finished the install. It still would not run. I rebooted again and tried again. This time I got the error message in the attached file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report