Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download Showcase from Subscription site

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jweiss1313
321 Views, 8 Replies

Unable to download Showcase from Subscription site

I am a subscription customer that has 25 PDSU licenses.  I'm trying to download Showcase 2015 x64 and I'm getting an error with the Autodesk Download Manager.

It says "Error - Connection has expired.  Please reconnect to the site.  I have attached a copy of the error.  I'm able to download everything else from the subscription site except Showcase 2015.  I get the http 404 error when I try to download from virtual agent or is I hit install from the subscription site.

Can anyone from Autodesk tell me what it going on?

Thanks!

John Weiss

CAD Administrator

Follett Corporation

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jessica.t
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hi @jweiss1313,

Have you tried changing your download method? You may also want to try the following steps upon your next download attempt:

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

Let me know if this helps! Or please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 9
jweiss1313
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello Jessica,

I tried all of you suggestions and when I go the virtual agent today.  Nothing responds at all.  See my screen capture for what I'm seeing.  I tried to dowload from subsription site and I get an error when trying to download Showcase as well.  I even tried two different personal laptops at home last night and I'm getting the same problems.  Please check on this on your end.  Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 4 of 9
camilo.lemos

Hi @jweiss1313 

I was just notified that the Virtual Agent is experiencing difficulties and our teams are working to get it stabilized again.

Concerning your second screenshot, it looks like there may be a firewall or anti-virus preventing the download. Could you please disable such programs and try again?

Thank you, 

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 9
jweiss1313
in reply to: camilo.lemos

I get the same error message when I tried on my laptops at home with anti-virus and firewall turned off.  I can select Autodesk Vault, AutoCAD and the PDSU and they download with not problems.  If it was an anti-virus or firewall, it would be blocking all the downloads from the subscription site.

I only get this error when trying to download the components that were removed from the Autodesk Product Design Suites (Alias and Showcase 2015) and then added to the subscription site for download by subscription customers only.

I still believe that this is something on the Autodesk end of things.

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 6 of 9
camilo.lemos

OK, I see what the problem is here and you're right, it is on our side.

Please, download Showcase 2015 and Alias 2015 from the direct links provided below. Our subscription team will work to get the download links fixed on the website:

Showcase 2015

Alias 2015

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 7 of 9
jweiss1313

Hello Camilo,

I tried clicking on your links and I see a new tab open in IE and then it closes quickly and nothing happens.  Please check these again for me.  Thanks!

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 8 of 9
camilo.lemos

@jweiss1313 

I've double checked the links and they're working fine here.

Can you please try with a different browser with all pop-up blockers disabled?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 9 of 9
jweiss1313

Thanks!  I was able to download both.  I really appreciate your help

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report