Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Clean Uninstall AutoCAD MEP 2011

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TimNeeb3145
7154 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to Clean Uninstall AutoCAD MEP 2011

Hi,

I have followed the steps shown for a Clean uninstallation of AutoCAD MEP suite.

I have uninstalled everything up to the point to delete Common Files/Autodesk Shared.

I am unable to delete the only file in it: AcSignCore16.dll as it is in use.

Whenever I try to install again it shows that a Newversion (2011) is installed already and I am unable to install again.

Please Advice on Instruction to delete Autodesk Shared folder for a complete clean uninstall.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: TimNeeb3145

See if you can rename the folder.  If so, then you can delete it on reboot. 

What you probably need is the Windows Installer Clean-up Utility.  This will allow you to remove AutoCAD MEP 2011 from your list of installed products. 

I am attaching it here.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
TimNeeb3145
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis,

I have successfully use the attached program to remove all autocad and related programs. I am able to install MEP 2011 again.

However, during the installation it shows an error 1402 Could not open key: ...verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.

I am still unable to rename or delete the Autodesk Shared folder under Common Files.

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

I am going to assume this is Windows 7. 

If you do not get the option to ignore the 1402 error, then you will unfortunately have to navigate to the key in the registry and take ownership of it.  In the past, I have seen this take up to a few hundred locations.  You might attempt to install as another user with local admin rights to see if it makes any difference.  This problem is fixable, but it can take an awful long amount of time. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
TimNeeb3145
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks Travis

The system is running Windows 7 Pro.

Installation as another user as admin rights did not make a difference.

There are a lot of reg keys in regedit and the specific key is inaccessible as well.

Are there alternative options to the installation or bypass for 1402 error?

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

Unfortunately, no.  You'll have to correct the registry priviliges issue.  It's unfortunate.   I wish there was a better way.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report