Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to activate product.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tbrand111
272 Views, 2 Replies

unable to activate product.

I'm trying to get Autocad 2012 working on my copy of windows server 2012 x64, however it crashes at the loading screen. From what I can tell through the LMTools utility autocad can't activate or find teh license file nor can it seem to connect to the services to activate the copy of Autocad. I've already unistalled and restarted and disabled the security and firewall but its still not working. I want to try the License file option but when I try to go to the activation site and download a copy of the license file I get invalid serial number error message

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: tbrand111

why are you trying to install it on a server OS?
its not a supported OS
if its asking to activate you installed it as a standalone

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: tbrand111

Darren is right.  You should not be installing this on a server OS.  Generally speaking, it is against the license service agreement anyway.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report