Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable Activate ACAD Inventor 2015, Map 2014

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
RadioACE
698 Views, 3 Replies

Unable Activate ACAD Inventor 2015, Map 2014

Currently have ACAD Architecture 2015 and AutoCAD 2014 fully operational.

Windows 7 (64), Internet Explorer 11 as default browser.

Tried installing ACAD Map 3D 2014 as trial.  On first run after install and while loading to run the program, it checks licensing and shows the flash screen showing 30 days left of trial, then, before one can click either the 'Try' or 'Activate' button, an error box labeled 'Autodesk Component' appears displaying: 'Autodesk Component has stopped working'.  In Visual Studio debug, the failing component is identified as 'lmu.exe' (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\AdLM\R7) failing while attempting to use ieframe.dll.  When cancel is clicked the initial Inventor splash screen remains, Task Manager shows Inventor still active but not running.  Inventor process must be terminated through Task Manager.

I have since tried installing Inventor 2015 with the same result as observed with Map 3D. 

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: RadioACE

RadioACE

Hello. Delete your ADSKFLEX  TSF.data file and try again.

Windows XP:

Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet

Vista/Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet

If this still does not help, look in you could have a conflict with a Windows Update.

•         Navigate to START > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
  •         In the left panel, choose "View installed updates".
  •         Search for "KB2962872".
  •         If it is present, unistall it.
  •         Repeat process to uninstall "KB2976627" and "KB2977629".

Reboot and start program. After you activate, you can let the windows updates reinstall.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4
RadioACE
in reply to: dembkod

Thanks for the info. I had to delete the Windows Security updates you indicated. I then hid the updates as Windows wanted to re-install them. Everything went as expected. Thanks for your prompt assistance!
Message 4 of 4
parleyburnett
in reply to: dembkod

I'm guessing those updates apply to windows 7.. I'm running windows 8.1 and don't see them. Any ideas for me?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report