Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate 2013 install hell

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BillPIII
477 Views, 5 Replies

Ultimate 2013 install hell

My excitement following the defeat of my 2013 SerialNum error has vanished since it has returned today. Is this even related to anything I am doing or is it something goofy that occurs with Autodesk's server? Such that if I waste enough of my time chasing a wild goose, it will eventually fix itself?

I went through all the .net crap thinking that was the problem. And it did seem to eventually let me in but gave this System.IO.FileNotFoundException error and random crashes. I attached a screen cap of that.

Anyway, my 2013 experience has not been very good and I'm about ready to chuck it and demand my money back. I'm not a CS major and don't want to become one just to get this thing running.

I just checked and 2012 is also returning the serialnum error as of today. So I am without CAD right now.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BillPIII
in reply to: BillPIII

All programs in the suite are hanging on the splash screen or returning errors. They were working on Friday. Nothing was done over the weekend.

Is this actually related to some overly obnoxious anti piracy scheme you guys have half assed deployed that is biting some of us paying users in the ****? That's the only thing that could explain the randomness and the COMPLETE LACK OF SUPPORT OR INFO for more than A WEEK.

Message 3 of 6
TravisNave

Here are some suggestions for your issue. 

1.  Errors like this are almost always a failure of an API reference.  If you have a 3rd party plugin, or some other add-in that was migrated from a previous version either in the program itself or from a file, it may be incompatible with your version.  You may need to reinstall, or go to a system restore point and not migrate any files.

2.  You may be experiencing a hard drive failure with data loss or corruption.  Run CHKDSK /F from a command prompt and check your system event logs for any I/O and disk errors.

3.  It could be a corruption of your Windows user profile.  Login as another user with local Admin rights, UAC off, and anti-virus disabled.  If it works, rebuild your Windows profile and/or any Autodesk profiles for your application.  You may also need to delete the registry for HKCU/Software/Autodesk/Inventor and relaunch the software for it to rebuild.  You should also make an exception in your anti-virus for the entire Autodesk root folder for your application(s).

Paid support is available thru your VAR and additional support may be available thru your Subscription Center, assuming you have a paid support contract and/or Subscription services.  This forum is a peer based forum and is not Autodesk support.

For additional information, please consider using Search to assist in your resolution:

Search Autodesk.com

Search Autodesk Discussion Groups

Search Up and Ready Blog

Search Autodesk WikiHelp

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
cbenner

Dude... in reference to your post title... how many servers committed suicide during your install?  I think I know more about Install he**.  Smiley Very Happy

Meanwhile....  Take a deep breath and please, tone down the rhetoric and anger.  Take it from one who has a lot of questions.  The tone of your post will often dictate the amount and type of response you get from the people who roam these halls out of the goodness of thier hearts.... trying to help wherever they can.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 5 of 6
BillPIII
in reply to: TravisNave

That standard list of tips has already been used. I'm trying the solution from Autodesk support. He said they have had a few similar complaints from those who installed via USB. So I will try the download version. The direct phone support was free, fast, a. So if it works then I will say so 

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 6 of 6
BillPIII
in reply to: cbenner

I care about getting the product working. I can't help if someone's feeling are hurt in the process due some arbitrary sensitivity. I did not realize that the autodesk forum did not have actual employees or I would not have wasted so much of my time in the install forum.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report