Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two versions of Maya on the same computer?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1630 Views, 1 Reply

Two versions of Maya on the same computer?

Hi,

I have a Maya license which works with my school's network. For the summer, I brang my computer back at home, but of course the license doesn't work.

So anyway, I was wondering if I could use a student version's serial number to make it work, or if i have to install a Student version. Because when I try to open Maya, I get a message saying the licence was not found, but they don't offer me to enter a serial number or anything.

And if I have to install a Student's version, do I have to uninstall the version I already have on my computer? It's actually my school that installed it, so I dont have any CD to install it back in september.

Thank you for your advices, and sorry for my poor english 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

MJDK,

There is a way to change from a network to a standalone and vice versa, but both involve some registry changes and are generally not seen as a best practice. I'd recommend that you either install a different release via the Education Community (that way you can keep the previous on there for once school starts again), or uninstall and reinstall using the student license.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report