Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tsplines V.4 /2015

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nogeelen
529 Views, 2 Replies

tsplines V.4 /2015

Hi there.

German tsplines for Rhino user here. There are a couple of issues with purchasing v4 through Autodesk.

First, I didn't receive any email with the discount code (I do qualify as I bought tsplines v2 with free v3 upgrade in 2010).

I found the discount code in McNeel's Rhino forum, but I don't know if that's the right way to proceed…

Then the German Autodesk store does list the Tsplines plugin, but to me this seems to be the old version, as the system requirements list "Rhino v5 32 or 64bit" and there is no mention whatsoever of "Tsplines 2015"

Also, one can chose between upgrade (160Euro plus VAT - discount code doesn't work) or new license (750 Euro plus VAT, applying the discount code reduces this to 214,82 Euro)

So what do I need to do to purchase version 4?

Buy the upgrade without discount code or buy a new license and use the code?

Is the german Autodesk store up to date or do I need to wait until they specifically list Tsplines 2015?

When will I get my discount code? Or can i use the one found on McNeel's forum?

If I buy now, will I get Version 4 (2015)?

Will I be able to download V4 directly from Autodesk or do I need to use the "last version" link on the Tsplines website? 

Lots of questions for just one upgrade…

Add to that the fact that Autodesk won't sell software to VAT ID number holders without applying VAT (something that practically any other e-commerce site does) and you have a pretty disastrous way to handle software purchase if You ask me, but You probably don't.

(This last point is what I experienced during a purchase through the Autodesk store a couple of years ago - if anything has changed by now, please let me know!)

Cheers, Norbert

(Edited for formatting.)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jessica.t
in reply to: nogeelen

Hi Norbert,

It was great chatting with you over twitter today. I apologize for all of the confusion but I hope that you are all good to go now. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 3 of 3
nogeelen
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi Jessica.

I just wanted to let you know, that even though I didn't manage to reach anyone of the German e-store team in ireland on the phone (it's saturday, after all so no wonder) I DID order the TSplines Plug-In through the German e-store.

With the Coupon code that You confirmed, the price was reduced to something similar to an upgrade price (not quite though) and I even found the very well hidden option to fill in my VAT ID number to get rid of VAT.

Now I only have to wait for order confirmation and my serial number which should arrive within 24 hours, so they say.

Soi hopefully all will be resolved soon.

I have to admit though, that my opinion about the Autodesk e-store hasn't changed a bit.

It seems to me the most hostile shopping experience I can think of.

Anyway, You have been most helpfull, I really appreciate that.

Thank You again, Norbert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report