Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to install on separate partition!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rhavimarques
1237 Views, 4 Replies

trying to install on separate partition!

i run my windows on a small SSD, about 60gb.
however, i'm trying to install Revit and Autocad, but revit says it requires 40gb of space on C:?!
i understand some files need to be on the boot drive, but 40gb? is there any way to tell it to install somewhere else? i tried to set the path file on the bottom of the installer to 😧 and it said it would only need 1gb on 😧 and still need 40gb on C:
why is this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: rhavimarques

I would also delete the files in the TEMP folder.  Start > Search > Type:

%temp%

Select all and delete.

Then you should set your TEMP folder to the other drive.  Please check out this post for setting TEMP location:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/10/autocad-installation-error-entrypoint-streamoutfn...

You will notice that default is %USERPROFILE% which is on the C:\ drive. 

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

Please understand that some parts of the installation files are necessary to be installed on the root system drive. Shortcuts, registry settings, and profile customizations are all examples of this. However, you may be able to make some system changes that will allow you to install your Autodesk product and avoid this error. Please review my KB article for more information:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Out-of-disk-space-during-installation-to-anothe...

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
DannyHubbard

With Revit, also make sure you configure the install and change the install location of the Content to your second drive.

See this previous post.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Can-t-Install-on-a-non-bootable-Hard-drive/m-p/...

Thanks,

Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
dembkod

rhavimarques,

Hello. A 60 Gig SSD is really only sized for an OS and maybe one or two smaller programs. The programs need to extract data and then install, which is why you are running into a special concern. Should be a really fast system though, and you should see benefits to your daily working.

Installing on a different drive is the best option and should be available from the installer. The only time this may be a problem is if you were to try to break up a suite installation and try to place one program on the SSD and one on the other drive. This would not work.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report